Sunday, April 5, 2015

Placebo Effect


I sometimes have these livid dreams.  Some people would call them visions.  I tend to believe they are supernatural in nature and they are streamed into me for the Most High or my higher self.  The amount of information is staggering and it comes so fast I spend days going back over it.  The best thing for me to do is put it on my board so it stays in front of me.  So the other night I was asking Why do I make the same mistakes over and over and do it almost unconsciously. Why is the Placebo Effect more successful than actual medications sometimes?   Remember the Bible quote, "Ask and Ye Shall Receive"?  Well later that night between  3:00 and 4:00 am (which is when they usually come) these answers came to me.
    The Placebo Effect is when something is given that in reality has not real proven benefit but the person is told that it will help them.  They believe it, so it is.  This is another reinforcement of how powerful your thoughts really are.  Person A gets a sugar pill and the reassurance that this pill will help them and they get better.  Person B is just given the medication and they get better.  How does person A get better without the medication?  I their mind they actually believed that the pill would cure them and their biology responded to that belief and they got better.  I had a friend that fought in Viet Nam.  His father told him to go and protect his brother.  To him the reason he believed he was their was to protect his baby brother.  He had been in seven helicopter accidents, five of which he was the only survivor.  He told me he started to believe that he was meant to live.  He had been shot, peppered with mine fragments, claymore pellets riddled his body, and many other things designed to kill a man in the jungles of Viet Nam.  I truly believe now that his belief was what sustained him and his biology responded every time he was wounded.  There are many stories out in the public of how someone was diagnosed with cancer and in their mind they saw themselves as whole and by some miracle their cancer disappeared.  Other will argue that they were misdiagnosed or they never had cancer to begin with.  Well then their is the No-cebo effect.  Where the person is told they have a disease when they do not and are perfectly healthy and their health begins to fail.  When told they have this rare cancer they begin to think, "I am dying" and actually do.  The biology changes as the conscious thought does.  Once the conscious thought overrides the program the subconscious starts to run this program in the background.  I once heard Bruce Lipton say that the Subconscious Mind's processor is running 95% of the bodies biology and the conscious is running 5%.  So 95% of you is running without consciousness of it running.  It's like this computer.  All I see are these words forming on the screen but behind the keyboard there are a million little functions happening and I pay them no attention. I do not have to think about breathing but if I become conscious to my breathing I can speed it up or slow it down or even stop my breathing.  I am not thinking about my heart pumping, If I consciously change my focus I can speed it up or slow the rate down.  Once I have learned something it gets turned over to the Subconscious and starts running automatically.  Driving is a prime example.  When I was first learning how to drive I was focused on driving and keeping my car in between the lines.  I was distracted by everything.  I had to think ahead and plan things out.  Today I just get in and pay little attention of driving.  It sometimes scares me that I can not even remember driving to a destination.  I get in and then I am there and say, "Wow!  Where did that three hours of time go."  I wasn't present.  I was concentrating on something else.  So if the conscious mind is 5% and the Subconscious is 95% and running a million times faster how can I change the biology and create wellness?  This is my million dollar idea.  Find the answers to the Placebo Effect and put them into everyday living and healing.  On a personal note when I became aware that I had the power inside me to do this it transformed my life.  I do not have time to be sick so I say, " I am always healthy".  I have been sick or ill 2 times in the last seven years where I had to take an antibiotic.  I just let whatever I have run its course and tell myself that my body can handle this and my body is designed to handle this.  I have no doubt in my mind, I will recover.  When I am run down I say to myself When I am rested I will heal.  I rest and I heal.  When I fractured my right ankle and had a plate and nine screws put on it, my thoughts where of winged angels knitting that piece of metal and my fibula together to make a stronger skeleton.  The doctor said this break would take 8 weeks to heal.  The two bone had been completely separated.  I went back in three weeks and he scratched his head and said, "There is no break line anymore.  Like it never happened. Your body heals very well."  The day my cast came off I started walking.  I wasn't walking very well but I was waking on it.  Thirty days later I threw one inning of relief with no rehab.  I did not go to PT one time.  Here is where I also see this placebo effect, in the clinic.  Patients are hurting, but when they get the clinic they say I am feeling better already.  How?  I have not done anything.  What if they tell themselves I will feel better when I get adjusted?  So for the next couple of days until their appointment they hurt and are in pain and not feeling very well.  On the day of the appointment they start feeling better.  By the time they get onto my table their symptoms are less severe and I adjust them.  They start to smile and say thanks and walk out like nothing was wrong.  I truly believe that these people delay their natural bodies process to heal by their thoughts.  I'm sure if it happens with me then it happens with medical doctors too and even surgeons.  People will say, "As soon as I see the doctor I will feel better."  Why not just take a picture of your doctor and put it on your fridge?   As soon as you see him you will feel better!  What I am really trying to say is that you are so powerful as a human.  You were created in God's image.   If our subconscious is running 95% of our biology then it is also speeding or delaying our healing process by the programs in the background.  The subconscious is really a recorder playing back the messages that we feed it.  Some of those messages are good ones or good programs while others are bad.  People will say, "Just think Positive!"  Well I'm hear to tell you positive thoughts plus bad programming is a losing battle.  You can say I want to be healthy or I am healthy everyday, but if your subconscious is saying look in the mirror fatty and the processor is a million times stronger you can see where this is going.  Fatty wins out.  So how do you change the programs? You do have to change the thoughts, and be conscious, as well as creative.  Meditating and using theta frequencies are a big key also.  The first six years of your life your brain is a recorder, this is where a lot of information is planted and the recorded starts recording.  Have you ever heard this, "My little Sally is a sponge.  She absorbs everything." Little Sally is 4 years old and she really is absorbing everything.  She hears her father tell her mother that she has put on a little weight and I don't like it.  Or she has heard her father say I love you precious, you are going to be a star.  One good program and one bad.  Children really do hear everything.  They do things and get yelled at, "What were you thinking?"  They weren't.  Their brains do not have the ability to reason yet.  They are recording.  Do this or don't do that.  This hurts me but this doesn't.   That is probably why their answer is always, "I don't know why I did it."  One parent sees a snake and says, "Look Sally that is a garden snake." Then picks it up without any fear and lets Sally touch it and examine it with awe.  Never really knowing that there is any danger.  Another person sees a snake a freaks out.  Sally's recorded says snakes are dangerous and when I see one I should freak out.  I grew up on a farm.  I have seen snakes and spiders and step in all kinds of crap.  I have no fear things like that because as a small boy I was curious and just didn't have anyone around me freaking out.  My grandpa would walk over and say that's a black widow they can bite you and make you sick then he would step on it.  So I natural kill black widow spiders when I see them.
 The bottom line I am trying to get across is that your thoughts are powerful.  They can control your biology, especially the biology of healing.  Have those thoughts of I am getting better, healthy, my body is healing and regenerating. Then believe the healing has happened.  Envision yourself as whole and complete.  Meditate and be present to the recorder or the voices that are contradicting what you believe.  Believe that you are powerful and trust yourself, because you are powerful and rare.  You are one in a billion.  No one has ever been like you and no one ever will be exactly you again.  That kind of rarity has value.  In all truth you are priceless.  Believe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment