Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Why my social experiment?

The Bible says, "You have not because you ask not. Ask and Ye shall receive." So whenever I have come to a point in my life where I really am in need of something, I just ask. I first voice it out loud to the universe, then in pray, then I begin to just ask people. Sometimes I tell them what I am up too and they ask me how they can support me. So I just flat out tell them how. They have a choice then. They can choose to say, "Good luck with that." or point me in a direction, or lastly pull out there wallet and be a blessing to me. No good deed goes unnoticed. Once I had a young missionary come to me and ask for monthly monetary support.
I gave him and his new wife over a few dollars a month for almost two years. I would have loved to have been able to do what he was doing but I couldn't. I want to be part of the solution to the problems that he was solving so by giving I was part of that solution after all. Any time someone enrolls you or me into their vision then the vision collectively grows. I personally felt a sense of accomplishment and pride when I would get letters from Matt every few months updating me on everything that was happening. One time another group was going to Africa and reached out to the community for support. I was compelled and move into action. I did not have any extra money at the time so I looked for other ways to create income. So I had this black powder rifle that I had built with my own two hands at a cost of $250.00. I sold it for $450.00 and gave it all for the trip. When the group got back they gave me an amazing hand made basket made by one of the villagers on the trip. Every time I see that basket I smile and remember that I made a difference in someone's life. The universal power of reaping and sowing in my life has been a powerful force. One seed of corn yields 2 to 4 full husks of kernels. So I am asking now. I have been on a personal mission to start and complete chiropractic school and become a primary care doctor that specializes in the treatment of musculoskeletal and neurological issues with a safer alternative to surgery. I have plenty of friends that are and have been a blessing in my life already. But I am asking for not one ore two people to be a blessing or a change in the world. I am asking for all of you to participate. I'm am asking for the power of many to do a little which in turns becomes something very big in the end. Now if I was really brave I would ask for my whole tuition to be paid. Honestly I am looking forward to paying off my loans. I earned this debt and especially may degree that I am working on. I want the satisfaction and accomplishment of completing all of this in excellence. So how do I enroll you into my vision? I have been adjusting people since I was in high school. Mostly of this adjusting was easy stuff. My mother had been working for in a factory for years and would tell me how and where to put my hands and how to push on her back to make it crack. I was adjusting and I had no clue. After receiving a neck injury in high school my mother took me to see Dr. DeWitt. He was an old adjuster who had trained at Palmer Chiropractic College in Davenport, Ia. Dr. DeWitt adjusted me, and it hurt at first. I didn't have a clue like I due now about acute or recent injures and or chronic conditions and what to do. I will say this about Dr. Dewitt, he was honest. He told me that the adjustment may hurt. It did and I wasn't surprised. The main point is I got better. I asked lots of questions and received lots of answers. Then I would try these techniques being used on me on others. At first I was a little rough but with some practice I got better. To this day I have not had a person tell me I hurt them doing chiropractic on them. How is this possible that an untrained, unlicensed, and unskilled person could have these results? I only have one answer for that question, Intent. My intent has never been to hurt but only to heal. I have always thought that when I do this adjustment you are going to feel great. I have learned a lot in the last two years and I have 4 set of boards to pass to become a licensed chiropractic physician. For the last two years I have lived on rice, top ramen (only for the first year), lots of juice and fruit, nuts, quinoa, and very little meat. It is too expensive. When I came to school I had budgeted out all my expenses....except the board exams. There are little emergencies that I have to plan for just in case something happens so I can pay all my bills and still be able to eat. There have been some months where I have not paid all my bills and have even been negative in my bank account for more than a week. I have received food from a food bank once. I have had a few girlfriends give me their canned food that had been in their cupboards and bring me food. It gets hard around finals when I have no money for food and my brain need energy to stay sharp and study. I have met a great girl how has helped me out financially when I have really needed it. I pay her back when I can. Bottom line is I can only do so much and I only have so many hours in a day, and lastly I am not 24 years old. I am in great shape but I do not have the energy that I had in my 20's. So I am reaching out and asking for help. Seriously I am only asking for a $1.00. From 2000 face book friends. This money is only to be used for my exam fees which are $610 for part 2 and part 3, and $350 for Physical Therapy and the big on $1200 for part 4. The grand total of all these exams I have left is $2740.00 which non of my financial aid covers. So I put in long hours at my desk studying till 12:00 or 1:00 am only to wake up at 5:00 am start studying before school. I umpire as much as I can, but the summer is almost over and so are the little leagues. I cater when the opportunities come up. So i am not sitting on my butt doing nothing and expecting something. I just have short comings and gaps that I need help sometimes with. This is why I am reaching out to all those I know. If you have had a great experience with me or something I have done and have ever wondered how can I do something for Greg Shepard. This is how you can.

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff Greg, thank you for the insight into your social experiment. -Kyle Madej, Santa Clara CA

    ReplyDelete